1. Eat small meals and do not starve yourself. This will help maintain blood glucose levels and prevent you from feeling low.
2. Keep yourself hydrated. Drink lots of water and fluids like coconut water, lemon water, green tea and buttermilk.
3. Combine high carbohydrates like potatoes and sabudana(widely used in fasting) with other fibrous vegetables like spinach, cabbage, tomatoes, capsicum, bottle guard, etc. Also try to bake, roast or grill vegetables instead of deep-frying them.
4. Amaranth is the best protein source you can include during fasting. Make amaranth porridge with milk or cook it as namkeen dalia with lots of vegetables.
5. Kuttu is a brilliant combination of carbohydrates (70-75%) and protein(20-25%). Use it to make chapatti instead of gorging on puris.
6. Samak rice are extremely easy to digest and can be consumed in any kind of quantity.
7. Curb those evil sugar cravings by eating a lot of fruits raita, dates, apple kheer, samakrice kheer.
8. Try and adopt healthy snacking and don't binge on namkeens packets as they are high in salt and fat content.
9. Instead, opt for roasted makhana, mix of nuts (almonds/raisins/walnut)/ baked chips, roasted peanuts, etc.)
10. Substitute sugar with jaggery or honey.
11. Use skimmed milk instead of full cream milk.